The immune system is a natural barrier to attacks by viruses, bacteria and fungi, and it prevents proliferation of pre-cancer cells. Immunity can be congenital or acquired during life and it is the basis of preservation of human health.
If the immune system activity is weakened, we become susceptible to infections. If the immune system is overactive, it is an ideal situation for development of allergies (when harmless substances are recognized by the immune system as harmful ones) and autoimmune diseases (when the immune system sees own body cell as attackers).
There are numerous immunity strengthening products in the market, but before reaching for any of them, reconsider whether you consume sufficient amount of immunity strengthening ingredients in your food.
Immune system beneficial food
- Fruit and vegetables containing plenty of carotene, such as carrot, spinach, pumpkin, and vitamin C, such as lemon, orange, pickled cabbage.
- Beef, pumpkin seeds, mussels contain zinc which is particularly good for strengthening body immunity of elderly people.
- Yogurt with live cultures of Lactobacillus bulgarikusand Streptococcus thermophilus
Immunity boosting product groups
- Ehinaceebased products (drops, syrup, tablets, spray), propolisa (pastilles, drops, spray, honey), royal jelly (capsules, honey, solutions), zinc (tablets and sizzling tablets in combination with vitamin C), garlic based products are used for preventive strengthening immunity with recurrent infections.
- Lectalinbased products (kozlinac root extract - Astragalus) used to prevent and reduce allergy symptoms.
- beta glukan based products from Japaneseshitaka and reishi fungi, very popular products of shark liver oils, capsules and juices based on aloe vere, and organic germanium, and capsules and juices of the nani plant fruit - Morindacitrifolia, used for prevention of cancer diseases, as well as for regaining normal function of immune system after chemotherapy.
- vitamin C, vitamin Eproducts as antioxidants, selenium, biflavonoids, multivitamin andmultimineral complexes to boost body immunity in smokers and people exposed to prolonged action of chemicals.
- Moderate lifestyle, sufficient sleep and rest, adequate nutrition, less stress and moderate physical activity are preconditions for preservation of natural immunity.
- Immunity strengthening products are a good way to improve an impaired immune system, but they should not be used without need. Instructions are given with every product and they must be observed. The products should be used on a regular basis, and as long as recommended.
- When choosing a product, always consult your doctor or pharmacist.